Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wish you a Very Happy New You for this New Year!

What will you do on New Year eve? – Fire Yourself !
If you are wondering what I mean, read Ron Ashkenas’ blog at HBR.
Ron highlights how GM Management team could not break out of their routine and do anything different, even when they were witnessing imminent demise.  Somebody else had to fire them, because they could not do it to themselves.

It is similar to UnThink principle I highlighted in my last blog entry. It is so important to stop and think about what you are doing, what you are NOT doing and what you should do. You may rediscover yourself - professionally and personally.
Easier said than done!  I have read about this stuff many time before, but never really acted on it until recently, when I was all alone on a business trip. I found myself thinking about my career and my family, and I started analyzing behind a napkin paper. I spent more than 2 hours – just thinking. I believe, I know myself better now and I am quite sure what I want to do in my life.
I guess the act of recognizing this need of self-analysis is important. Rest your sub-conscious will take care of.

Wish you a Very Happy New You for this New Year!

- Amit Unde


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment